Pages

DJ Whizlam's LinkedIn Profile

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time 2 Move On


My mind races in ridiculous speeds and I have a hard time slowing my thoughts down.  After actively pursuing my dream of being in the entertainment business, I feel that I have hit a crossroad in my life where I’m questioning my purpose.  I have been a dj professionally for 20 years, and in that time there had been many ups and down for me.  I’m at the point in my life now that I feel that this dream has run its course, and as painful as this is to say I think it’s time to move on from music.
All of my life there hasn’t been anything more important to me than entertainment.  When I first started out, I entertained strictly for the love of the artform itself and never was motivated just for money.  The passion that I once had came from within and that really felt good, but the good feelings are no longer alive anymore.  This has been the scariest thing that I have ever faced in my life, and I don’t honestly know what to do anymore.  
I thought even by going back to school to pursue a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in Music / Entertainment would have sufficed.  Unfortunately, getting the bachelor’s degree just turned out to be a personal accomplishment, but no progression had come from obtaining it career wise.  I still may be involved in the entertainment industry at some capacity, but honestly I really don’t see many options coming my way at this point.  Just about everything that a person could do to advance themselves I had tried over and over again.
Once I receive my master’s degree I might just chalk that up as another personal goal, but probably won’t do anything with it either.  I think that the time for retirement from this music entertainment maze has come full circle, and I appreciate all of the time I’ve given to djing.  Maybe I didn’t push myself hard enough to go further with my gift, but it was definitely fun while it lasted. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment