Pages

DJ Whizlam's LinkedIn Profile

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Graduate Jitters

My last class is near completion and March 30, 2012 is coming closer than ever. I cannot believe that this year came so fast from when I started, and now the reality of life is creeping up on me again. As I have stated before, I am interested in Artist Management and Concert Booking, but I do not know if that is really where my heart lies. Like most new graduates, I am very concerned about what my next steps are going to be; because I feel like I want do as many things as possible in this industry.

I have not dee-jayed since April of 2011 and I have not really had much of an interest in doing so right now. I am worried that I have lost interest in the very thing that has brought me this far which has been music. I never wanted to really do anything with my life other than dj, but since college, I have begun thinking about trying to go further with my talents. In the 22 years of experience that I already have in music, I know that I have learned a lot about various facets of this industry.

I am now asking my professors and other professionals in the industry for advice, but I am worried that I have too many options right now. I feel like I am not sure where to start, which is more frustrating to me than anything else is. I am speaking with my career advisors for assistance with job leads and such, but is this maybe a sign to start my own business at this time? I understand that the job market is still not looking very great, but at the same time, I do not know how great a new business would work in 2012.

The most brilliant people have made successes of themselves by taking risks of course, and I am sure that there have been many trial and errors on their part. I just wonder about how to remain patient and to not worry myself to death about this stuff. I understand that nobody knows what their futures hold, but I really do not like not knowing what my next move is going to be. In any case, I am sure that I will be all right in whatever venture I go into. I guess right now I’m just having new grad jitters and I’m feeling overwhelmed all at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment