Pages

DJ Whizlam's LinkedIn Profile

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Artist Management Career

I have been involved with music my entire life, and have dabbled in various facets of the entertainment industry. The most precious part of this journey had been as a disc jockey since I was around 15 years of age. I want to go further into the industry beyond just as a dj, so I have been seriously contemplating starting my own artist management company.

The main reason for this decision is that no one else will represent me, or at least take me as seriously as I have thought this out. Since I have a Bachelor’s degree in Music Business/Audio Technology, I am about to complete my Masters degree in Entertainment Business as well. Both of these degrees along with my industry experience should help a lot in building relationships with others in the industry.

I realize that there are many legs to this monstrous spider called the Music Industry, but it is somewhat intimidating to figure out exactly where I should start. I have some interests in Tour Management, Artist Booking, and Concert Promotion. The live entertainment business is bigger than it probably has ever been, and there is nothing more exciting than a great concert. As a dj, I have been somewhat involved in all of these divisions of the industry, so the choices definitely are widespread to say the least.

I’m hopeful that I will be able to keep in touch with other students at Full Sail University once I graduate next month, and even possibly create an artist management business with a few of them. I am now looking at companies that I may be able to intern with, and try to put myself in a good position for solidifying my entertainment career. For all of my visitors that come to my blog, I would appreciate any suggestions that you may have for this topic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment